Sr. Software Development Engineer
The Sr. Software Development Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining innovative software solutions for customers with unique asset identification needs in challenging environments. This role will become the subject matter expert for our internally developed software and be part of the core technical team creating new products. A deep technical understanding of robust software design and the capability to apply it to a diverse set of applications is critical to the success of this role. This position is an individual contributor and will report directly to the Director of R&D.
- Develop, document, and maintain a variety of Windows software applications that interface with manual and automated industrial equipment.
- Maintain web-based applications including product registration and customer inquiries.
- Provide support for new product development as part of the core technical team.
- Monitor industry trends to keep ahead of competition and disruptive technologies.
- Expand the company’s IP portfolio through patents and trade secrets, to create long term competitive advantages.
- A passion for solving challenging problems and creating value for our customers and company.
- Influence with cross-functional teams with, or without, direct authority.
- Capability to apply deep understanding of a technical field to a broad set of applications.
- Collaboration with customers in a variety of industries.
- Ability to break down large technical problems into actionable steps.
- A strong desire to grow, learn, and develop self.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with a minimum of 5 years of experience developing software.
- Advanced knowledge of data communication protocols, including RS232, TCP/IP, Ethernet, Modbus TCP, or combination of these technologies.
- Experience with database architectures such as MySQL or Microsoft SQL as well as writing Windows applications with the Win32 API and .NET framework.
- Experience with object-oriented design using C++ and C# as well as creating applications using multi-threading techniques.
- Strong problem-solving and execution skills for developing creative solutions that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Self-starting data driven problem solver with a proven track record of delivering project outcomes.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and influencing skills.
Send your application to email@example.com