Sr. Firmware Development Engineer
The Sr. Firmware Development Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining innovative firmware solutions for customers with unique asset identification needs in challenging environments. This role will become the subject matter expert for our internally developed firmware and be part of the core technical team creating new products. A deep technical understanding of robust firmware design and the capability to apply it to a diverse set of applications is critical to the success of this role. This position is an individual contributor and will report directly to the Director of R&D.
- Develop responsive, real-time firmware to control industrial machines properly and safely.
- Maintain a variety of existing source codes for multiple products and applications.
- Ensure code quality through unit and integration test development and execution as well as inspection and reviews.
- Provide support for new product development as part of the core technical team.
- Monitor industry trends to keep ahead of competition and disruptive technologies.
- Expand the company’s IP portfolio through patents and trade secrets, to create long term competitive advantages.
- A passion for solving challenging problems and creating value for our customers and company.
- Influence with cross-functional teams with, or without, direct authority.
- Capability to apply deep understanding of a technical field to a broad set of applications.
- Collaboration with customers in a variety of industries.
- Ability to break down large technical problems into actionable steps.
- A strong desire to grow, learn, and develop self.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering Technology, or Computer Engineering required with a minimum of 5 years’ experience developing firmware.
- Advanced knowledge of C and C++ programming languages targeting embedded applications as well as experience with object-oriented design using C++.
- Advanced knowledge of writing low level device drivers including interrupt service routines, concurrency control techniques, and memory management.
- Experience with PWM, analog-to-digital, digital-to-analog, stepper motors, and servo motors.
- Strong knowledge of data communication protocols, including RS232, SPI, I2C, TCP/IP, and Ethernet.
- Proven experience with ARM Cortex-M based microcontrollers including bare-metal, low-level register initialization and control.
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics, component data sheets, and assembly drawings as well as troubleshoot problems using tools such as digital multi-meters, logic analyzers, and oscilloscopes.
- Strong problem-solving and execution skills for developing creative solutions that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Self-starting data driven problem solver with a proven track record of delivering project outcomes.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and influencing skills.
Send your application to email@example.com