InfoSight Corporation, headquartered in Chillicothe, Ohio, is a global leader in the design and manufacture of custom machinery used in harsh industrial environments and currently has an exciting opportunity for a CNC Machinist to join our Employee Owned team.
The Machinist produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) milling machine. This position maintains quality and safety standards, keeps records, and maintains equipment and supplies.
Performs typical machine shop functions including programming and operating both CNC and manual mills, lathes, grinders, saws, etc.
- Reads and understands machining parts drawings
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero reference points; sets tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculates requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proves parts programs
- Programs mills using CAD (MillPWR and Gibbs preferred)
- Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; follows manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshoots malfunctions; calls for repairs
- Generates and submits raw material list to the purchasing department
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Assists in other work areas, including but not limited to: fabricating, welding, hand tools, drills, etc.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety policies
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering
- High School diploma
- A minimum of 3 years factory related experience
- Basic math skills
- Ability to frequently lift/move up to 50 lbs
- Provide own personal tools
- Willingness to participate in a team-oriented environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Possesses a valid driver’s license
Comprehensive and Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, ESOP, 401(k), and tuition assistance.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled are encouraged to apply.
InfoSight, headquartered in Chillicothe, Ohio, is the global leader in the design and manufacture of specialty printers and tags used in difficult industrial environments.