Barcodes offer fast and accurate means of collecting product data during the manufacturing process, effectively implementing Computer Integrated Manufacturing into the workplace. Historically, there was no practical way to accomplish bar code reading at a distance.
Now Opticode® Vision BarCode Reader, designed by InfoSight, uses a standard CCD Shutter Camera to read barcodes. Long (200mm) lenses can be used to read barcodes beyond the range of laser scanners. The system's video monitor can be used to assist an operator in positioning the camera using an optional pan/tilt/zoom mechanism.
- Runout Table Reading From a Distance up to 50 feet
- Read From Carriers
- Read From Cranes
- Track Material From Casting to Stock to Rolling
- Efficient Inventory Taking Using Industry Standard Readers
- EEPROM For Storage of Configuration Data (if required)
- Reads Industry Standard BarCodes
INTERLEAVED 2 OF 5
- Capable of Reading Custom-Designed BarCodes
- Dimensions: 16"W x 20"H x 10"D
- Cabinet: NEMA 12
- Utilities: 120VAC, 3A - Regulated & Conditioned
- Panel-Mount LCD Monitor
- BNC Connector for External Monitor
- On-Screen Display of
Read Statistics ("hits-per-second", etc.)
Read Status (AUTO mode)
Video Camera (typical)
- Up to 4 Cameras (1 typical, more per application)
- 1/2" CCD Array: 768H x 494V Pixels
- Electronic Shutter: 1/125 to 1/10,000 sec.
- Lens: Depends on Application (500mm typically Reads (x=.048) BarCodes up to 50 ft.)
- Enclosure: 23"L x 8.6"W x 6.2" H (typical - Long Distance Applications
- On-Screen Display of BarCode Data Read Statistics ("hits-per-second, etc.)
- RS-232C: 2 Ports, Full or Half Duplex
- Baud Rates: 110 to 38400
- Parity: NO, ODD or EVEN
- Data Bits: 7 or 8
- Stop Bits: 1 or 2
- Protocol: NO, XON/XOFF or CTS/RTS
Operating Modes (typical)
- MANUAL: Accepts External Trigger (Serial or I/O)
- AUTO: Outputs Results Once Per BarCode (when data changes)
- Up to 8 I/O Ports Standard (AC or DC)
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Opticode is a registered trademark of InfoSight Corporation.